TIPS TO FINDING A GOOD TATTOO ARTIST
- Get referrals from people you know – Ask around with people you know. See if they know any tattoo artist that does a good job, uses the best tattoo supplies, and ask for their number! A lot of the time when referrals come in, it’s because someone has gotten a tattoo before. Chances are some of your friends will be happy to give you recommendations on local artists. Make sure these recommendations come from people whose opinions you respect how they heard about their tattoo artists will often give you a good idea how well they work. This is how I found my artist, and I was very happy with how it turned out!
- Search Google for a tattoo artist near you – With a quick Google search, you can see tattoo artists near you. This will give you a good idea how well they do and how many people get tattoos from them. If there’s several, make sure to check how long they’ve been in the industry and how much experience they have. You can then narrow down your results by looking at their portfolios or previous works! I recommend searching for artists on Instagram, as this is how most tattoo artists show off their work. This way you can see examples of what kind of work they specialize in and if it appeals to you!
- Check Tattoo Shops in your area – drive around your neighborhood and see how many tattoo shops there are. If you find that there’s only one shop in the area, then they’re probably one of the biggest places that locals go to for tattoos. You can stop by and ask how long they’ve been around if you want to know how experienced they are. You can also check some of their previous work! If there’s more than one shop, then go ahead and check how long they’ve been in business. You can also visit their website to see how long they have been around!
- Look on Instagram for a tattoo artist near you – Tattoo artists often use social media platforms such as Instagram to show off their work. Many tattoo artist use social media platforms as their marketing tools. This way you can view how well their work is. You can also check how many likes their photos receive to check how well they are doing at promoting themselves!
- Look at how much tattooing experience they have – You would want to work with someone how has a lot of experience. The more experience they have, the better their work will be! You can check how long they’ve been tattooing by viewing how long they’ve had their Instagram account for. They should also be able to work well under pressure and quickly produce certain images.
- Look online for reviews – Though you should try not to rely too heavily on these, reviews are an important part of choosing your artist! Try googling “tattoo review [city here]” or “tattoo studio review + location” and see how well these places do. If they have a lot of bad reviews, then maybe you should look elsewhere for your artist!
By following these helpful tips, you’ll be able to find a tattoo artist that fits your needs. Not everyone can do the same style of tattooing well so remember that just because someone did a great job on their friend does not guarantee they’ll do the same for you! Experience and how well they handle pressure are very important when choosing a tattoo artist. With enough experience, they can quickly produce different styles of tattoos that fit your vision.